About This Blog



Too often internet-based discussions are filled with rancor, misinformation, and rarely result in people changing their minds. It is especially distressing when ideas and opinions hurt relationships in the same family or church or among close friends. Often we are guilty of repeating information which is either not true or only half true. I think we all say things online that we later regret, only to find out that our words will live forever somewhere in Cyberspace. This most often occurs in political discussions, but can often occur when discussing a variety of topics, even Theology.

My goal is to present well researched, balanced, information and opinions which I desire to be discussed in a civil, respectful manner. Not everything will be controversial. Some will simply be educational and fun. When we do disagree with one another, I ask that we do so respectfully. The internet is full of places where people can express themselves freely without moderation. I do not want to limit free speech, I just want us to be "nice". As the author of this blog, I reserve the right to remove comments that I deem inappropriate. The kinds of comments I would remove are:

  1. Profanity, vulgar language, racial slurs, or other negative stereotypes.
  2. Generalizations that insult an entire group of people.
  3. Personal attacks on other readers or public figures.
  4. Comments that bring complaints from other readers.
We will probably not follow these guidelines perfectly, and we may need to update the "rules" from time to time. But I am hoping that this blog will be a refreshing, enlightening experience for all and that readers will enjoy it so much that they keep coming back.

A note about navigating this log: The home page receives every post in the blog and sorts them by the most recent date first. However, the post you are now reading always comes on top because it is the "featured blog". Then clicking on the categories across the top line takes you a page with all the posts in that category. Each of the major categories has a "Welcome" post which introduces the category. Just play with it. You'll figure it out.

Feel free to write comments at the bottom of whatever post you are viewing, but only if they are "nice".

I will endeavor to the best of my ability to acknowledge the source of images, articles, videos, quotes, etc. Pictures taken by family members and posted on Facebook are assumed to be used by permission. I will try to acknowledge the source of other images from Facebook and Google searches, etc. Pictures which already have a copyright notice, like the one in this post, need no further acknowledgment. Quotes from the Bible will include the abbreviation of the version used.  If I am negligent in this, I apologize in advance and will rectify the situation immediately. If I have made a good faith effort to find the source of an image without results I will post a note saying "Image source not found".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Planet with a Heart

Cousins All Are We

A New Life in a New Year

Kathy's Crown

Freedom in Christ