Ode to a 4-H Educator




Ode to a 4-H Educator:

With your head, you love to ponder,
On the One who matters most.
On the Father and His only Son,
And the blessed Holy Ghost.
“May the Mind of Christ My Savior”
Is the song you love to sing,
And may you always savor,
The sweet blessings that They bring.

With your heart, you love all children,
But you ‘specially love your own.
And you pray your children’s children,
Will all gather 'round the throne.
But in this life so many,
Have seemed to lost their way,
Oh teach them while there still is time,
So they will never stray.

With your hands, you labor long and hard,
To instill within their heart,
That the character they choose today,
Is the one which will not part.
Oh save the little starfish,
Give them new life one by one.
And when the battle’s over,
The true tally will be done.

With your health, please stay among us,
Like the “sweetheart” you “adore”.
May you live to be a hundred,
‘Till you cross that golden shore.
May you see your grandkids marry,
And have children of their own.
If Jesus Christ should tarry,
‘Fore we gather to our home.

Tom Dunkerton
June 10, 2015
Happy Birthday, Ann.

https://4-h.org/


4‑H Pledge
I pledge my head to clearer thinking,
My heart to greater loyalty,
My hands to larger service,
and my health to better living,
for my club, my community, my country, and my world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Planet with a Heart

Cousins All Are We

A New Life in a New Year

Kathy's Crown

Freedom in Christ